1. Safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality,
any information our customers share with us.
2. Limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum
we require to deliver superior service to our customers and to administer
3. Permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling
of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees
who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary
4. Not reveal customer information to any external organization unless
we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements,
been authorized by the customer, or are required by law or our regulators.
5. Always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer
information. Email addresses and other personal information collected
on DefiningElegance.com will NEVER be sold to any company, individuals
or any other entity.
6. We use other services (companies and Individuals) to perform work on our behalf. Functions may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, data analyses, marketing services, search results and links. This may include paid listing and links, processing of credit card payments, and customer service. Those services may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. Those services may not use that information for other purposes.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Fulfill your orders, including sending information to manufacturers and delivery carriers if they are used to ship the order to you
- Process your payment: Credit card information is collected or entered (telephone orders) on a secure web
- Provide you with information regarding your order or inquiry
- Execute sales promotions
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Comply with law enforcement or data protection agencies
Like the majority of the websites on the internet, we use Google Analytics on DefiningElegance.com
Google Analytics, a standard marketing program for websites, is designed to collect general data about our visitors (you). What general information does Google Analytics record?
Again, we are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system. More information can be found by searching "Google Analytics" on your favorite search engine.
- Which website our visitors came from.
- How long visitors stay.
- What kind of computer and browser visitors are using.
- Which page was visited.
- Keyword searched for.
- Other general information.
What do we do with your data?
The tracking information allows us to better understand the kind of people who come to our site and what content they’re reading. This allows us to make better decisions about design, content, and products for our visitors. We do not share any of this data collected with any company, individuals or other entities.
Want to opt out of tracking?
If you do not wish to see ads from DefiningElegance.com you can opt out in several ways:
3. Delete cookies in your browser may be an easier method. This will work in most cases. Please consult your browser's help files for instructions on how to delete cookies.
Note: We are unable to provide technical assistance on opting out since we are not the operators on those websites.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems
We provide links on DefiningElegance.com to external home and garden websites that we do not own or control. We are not
responsible for the information collection, privacy practices, or the content of such websites.
This site has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse
and alteration of the information under our control. Credit card information is entered on a secure transaction server that uses
encryption to protect information.
Our web site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications
from our newsletters. We do not share any information about our visitors
or customers with any other company, individuals or entity, except if
requested by law enforcement.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of
this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact us at
1-800-798-1504 or 973-347-8392.